The Authors are Rising Tag

6:00 AM

I have a big test coming up tomorrow and I wasn't really feeling the 'author interview' post (hey, I kept my word on the bunnies so that cancels this out, right? XP ) So it's time for another tag!


I just did a video interview, so I might be stretching it on the personal level, but this looked so much fun I just couldn't resist!

I was tagged by Rebekah @ Rebekah's Remarks. (thank you, Rebekah!)



Da Rules: (I will admit, "da rules" confused me on my first read)

>>Write a post thanking the person who tagged you; include the tag, the 11 questions asked, your answers, and in reply to the request of a small piece of poetry or writing, write a brief 150-word story.
>>At the end of the post, provide 11 new questions.
>>Request a brief 150-word story from the people you tagged.
>>Tag at least one person, and include a link to their blog.



DA QUESTIONS:


How long have you been writing? 

I've been writing for about five and a half years. (I started my first book when I was eleven.)

What made you decide to become an author? 
My big sister told me I should write a book, so I did. And I fell in love with writing and never really stopped.

Where do you find inspiration? 
I love to find inspiration wherever I can. In every day little things. In the sky and clouds and trees and the rest of the world around me. In the people I see in the stores, in the clothes they wear and the expressions on their faces. I love finding inspiration in music. (instrumental tends to be my favorite for bookish inspirations, but vocals are sometimes really good too.) There are so many other places to find inspiration, but I'll end with Pinterest. All the pictures just blow my mind, and I love the creative juices they kick into action!


What's a favorite quote from a book/story you've written? 
OH OH OH. Ohhhh. Okay so I have two. I will share them now.

"There is no freedom but death."

and

"She wished she could tear her heart right out of her chest. Maybe then, with it gone and done away with, things wouldn't hurt so much."

I know those are both, like ... really sad but I LIKE THEM OKAY??!?! DEAL WITH IT.


What's the title of the favorite story you've written?
Well, I haven't written that many stories. I don't think I can pick a favorite of the few I have written, but the most fun project I've ever taken on would be the first book I co-authored with my cousin. We titled it, The Call of Atlantis, and I love it so much!


Do you prefer writing in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person? 
I think my favorite will always be first, even though my WIP is in third. I just love how deep you can go into your character's head and how you almost become them as you write.


Who's an author you tend to write like?
I remember back when I first started writing and I read Percy Jackson and the Olympians. From that moment on, my sass tripled and really began to show in my writing. My first projects were like this, but my WIP is a much darker story and I'd say is more of a Suzanne Collins style, almost.


Do you write in short bursts fairly often, or several thousand words in one sitting but with larger breaks between sittings?
These days, I write several thousand words in larger sittings, generally. Usually at night. In my room. With the door shut and everyone sleeping. 


Have you ever had scenes (usually written late at night and discovered the next morning) when something happens in your story that you weren't expecting? If so, could you tell us what it was?
That would have to be the time I killed off a VERY IMPORTANT CHARACTER along with the one death I had originally planned. After I wrote the scene I kind of did a double take like, wait, so-and-so dies too??? WHAT? WHAAAAT? And then I wandered around in a confused author daze for a while and ate ice cream. 

What's an odd writing quirk you have?
*sniffles and cries because I am not interesting and do not have any quirky writing quirks*

What's the weirdest thing you've researched for a story?

UMMMMM. I don't ... know? I've had to do research on Russian accents, Russian fighting styles, tigers fighting, and a deaf child laughing. 


And...one last thing: Give us a peek into how you write by sharing either a 150 word story/poem or a snippet from one of your longer stories.
I'm a liiiiitle nervous about this one because I don't think I've ever actually shared any of my writing here? And I've been blogging for a little over half a year already (wow) so like...I think it's about time I share something. XP

Here you go! This is a song/snippet from chapter three of my WIP, The Thief's Conspiracy.

~~~

Bowing her head, she began the Hunter’s Lament.
“This day I take a life,
I beg to be forgiven.
I have no choice in this,
This sin I must commit.
Please, please, Fair Mother,
Shroud me not in death.
Forgive me,
Forgive me,
Forgive this cursed deed.”
Rissa finished the song with the usual, stupid tears in her eyes. She swiped them away with the back of her arm and covered the grave. Taking the other half of the arrow, she laid it on the top of the dirt and covered it with the rest of the soil.
She wiped her filthy hands as best she could in the grass. Dried blood and murder stained her skin, covered by the smeared dirt the grass could not wipe away.
She took the rabbit and, after placing it in the sack, headed back for the Festival grounds. The sun’s first rays broke out across the earth in warm greeting. The bag over her shoulder hung far heavier than it should have.
Forgive me.
If only she could set her arrow on Greer instead of the innocent creatures of the forest. How much easier her life would be.

~~~


Okay so, that was a liiiitle bit longer than 150 words but oh well. I hope you liked it! (This is also part of what was sent to HarperCollins *screams*)

*EDIT* I completely forgot to tag people. *face palms* I'm going to tag five, like Rebekah. If I didn't tag you, and you want to do it, please feel free to do so! <3

I TAG: 






If I tagged you, no worries. I'd love to see you do it, but you don't have to! And you can answer the same questions I did because I'm too lazy to think up more. Please do comment to let me know you saw this, though. If not, I'll come find you *innocent smile*

Enough about me. What about you guys? How long have you been writing? What's the title of your favorite story you've ever written, or the most fun? What's the weirdest thing you've ever had to research for a project? 

<3

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I love your snippet sooo much. I'm super intrigued. (Also, you sent some to HarperCollins? That's so awesome! I wish you the best of luck!)
    I've been writing (seriously) for about four years now, I think. Sometimes I wish I wrote down the exact day I started so I could answer that question accurately. XD As for the title of one of my favourite stories I've written, it would have to be 'Draped in Deception'.
    Great post! I loved hearing about your writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! <3 Also, I loooove that title AHHH <3

      Delete
  2. I love your snippet so much! Your writing style is absolutely fabulous. o.o

    Oh, and it seems that your intense love for bunnies leaked into your character. :P

    The weirdest thing I've ever had to research? Ummm. Hm. *thinks* I really should do more research than I do. I need to do some research on a very heavy current event topic, but this is the internet, and I don't want to see something absolutely heartless and violent, so... no. :/

    ANYWAY. I reeaaaally want to read your book. SO MUCH. Like, gimme right now. o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would seem so XP Thank you so much! You're so sweet! <3 YESSS SOME THINGS I AM JUST /AFRAID/ TO RESEARCH. LIKE. o.o WHAT WILL IT SAYYYY?!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I guess since it's fantasy, I'm aloud to kind of change the current events topic into something only related to it, so I won't have to do research. xD

      Delete
    3. Urghhh typo. *allowed ;)

      Delete
    4. Ahhh yes I see what you're saying. *grins* That's part of why I haven't had to do a ton of research: most of it is my raw creation. *mad scientist cackle*

      Delete
  3. What a fun tag!!

    ALSO, you need to finish your book and publish it so I can read it! Funny story: That was kind of haunting, and I was just getting over the chills when my cat jumped on something behind me and it made a thud and I was frozen in fear for a moment. I thought I was to be murdered next. HA.

    Great post, Hannah!! Keep up the good work!! ♥♥

    ~Megan<333
    (megans-journals.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what was haunting? Lol XP Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! This looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isssss! If you do it, I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to see your answers. Be sure to let me know if/when it's up! <3

      Delete
  5. Awe thanks for tagging me <3. You are one of those bloggers that have adorable, quirky, popular blogs :D
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PSHHHHH. I've never thought of Stan as being 'popular' but you're sweet! <3 If you do it (no pressure if you don't want to!) I look forward to seeing your answers!

      Delete
  6. This looks supah epic, thanks for tagging me! Can't wait to do this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you ;) Mic's Room (http://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw thank you! I'll probably wait a bit to do it (since I just did a tag) but I WILL do it! <3

      Delete
  8. Your writing is sooo good. *cries*

    I've been writing since I was 10 but I started to be serious when I was 12 and now I'm 17 so quite a while. (but I've been slacking, soo). The weirdest thing I had to research was a kidnapping scene and chloroform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! <3 You're so sweet!

      Eeeeehehehe that's awkward XP "IT'S JUST RESEARCH MOM. I'M NOT A CRIMINAL." And wow, you have been writing for a while! O.O That's awesome! *high fives*

      Delete
  9. *weeps with you because I, too, have no writer quirks*
    LOL! This was such a fun post to read!
    I LOVED YOUR SNIPPET OF BOOK LIKE OHMYGOSH!!! I love your writing style, it's so awesome!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much! <3 UGH having no writer quirks is just so depresso. Maybe I should like, MAKE one happen. HMMMM. *ponders*

      Delete

Comments bring us happiness and warm fuzzies, so please share your thoughts! Stan and I want everyone to be welcome, so we ask that you be kind and courteous and use nice language.

Popular Posts